Send a letter to your legislator to support the 2019 budget
As the Tennessee General Assembly nears a vote for the proposed budget, please consider the positive impact it will have on public education this year:
• Establishes Future Workforce Initiative with $4 million investment for STEM training in K-12 schools. Adds 100 new CTE programs, increase number of teachers qualified to teach work-based learning and computer science classes, and expand access to AP courses and early postsecondary options for high schoolers
• Invests in higher education: $34 million in new dollars to fully fund higher education institutions
• Invests $12 million in financial aid to serve 7,000 more students in need to help attend college or obtain a certificate in TN
• Invests an additional $71 million in teacher salary increases
• Invests $5 million to improving student and teacher supports at the state’s priority schools
• Invests $12 million for charter school facility funding
An investment in teacher salaries, the Future Workforce Initiative with the expansion of work-based learning and post-secondary opportunities as well as added funding to our priority schools and charter school facilities will help our students succeed. I hope you will support this budget which will ensure further gains to our historic academic growth by continuing to invest in Tennessee’s students.
Connect your social media accounts to start sharing with friends.
Are you sure you want to unlink your account?
This post cannot be shared on Twitter as it exceeds the character limit.